Stay Out of the Forest
Grab the pattern here.
Stay Out of the Forest is a DK colorwork hat inspired by true crime podcast, My Favorite Murder. It’s the perfect hat for my fellow Murderinos! It is written for 2 sizes, and uses 3 skeins/colors of yarn. The colorwork charts make it easy to fly through this project.
I recommend mostly tonal or solid yarn with a lot of contrast from the other colors. You especially want contrast between the MC and CC1.
- MC: Call Your Dad! (Navy Blue)
- CC1: Powers of Anxiety (Gold)
- CC2: You’re in a Cult (Lighter Blue)
- MC: Stay Out of the Forest (Tan with Pink overtones)
- CC1: Pepper Spray First (Red)
- CC2: Lock Your F*cking Door (Dark Brown)
Yarn Used: 126-180 yards or 116-165 meters of DK weight yarn in 3 colors
- MC- 105-130 yards / 96-119 meters
- CC1- 6-15 yards / 5.5-14 meters
- CC2- 15-35 yards / 14-32 meters
Gauge: 24 stitches & 28 rounds in 4 in / 10 cm in stockinette in the round
- Small: 16 in / 40.6 cm circumference
- Large: 17.25 in / 43.8 cm circumference
- Both sizes: 8.5 in / 21.5 cm tall (customizable)
- Small: 18-21 in / 45.75-53.25 cm circumference
- Large: 19.25-22.25 in / 49-56.5 cm circumference
I dye my yarns with acid dyes and thoroughly rinse each skein before drying with Soak Wool Wash, but slight bleeding upon the first wash is a possibility. Although this yarn is machine washable, it is highly recommended that all items be hand washed in cool water with gentle detergent and laid flat to dry.
Please note, I do my best to capture the true color(s) of my yarns, however they may vary slightly due to differences between monitors/devices. I photograph all my yarn in natural light, to give you the best idea of what you're purchasing.
This yarn comes from a pet-friendly household. All yarn is stored in airtight containers away from pets, however please keep any potential allergies in mind when ordering.